Anna Sarno Ryan, MD joined Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC in 2013. After graduating Cum Laude from Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges, Cambridge, Massachusetts, she received her medical degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA. This was followed by a medical internship at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire. She completed her residency in dermatology at Strong Memorial Hospital at the University of Rochester.
Prior to joining Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC, Anna Sarno Ryan, MD practiced dermatology in a private practice in Manchester, NH at Manchester Dermatology. Her special interests were pediatric dermatology, skin cancer surgery, and sclerotherapy. In addition, she enjoyed teaching dermatology to Dartmouth dermatology residents. Following that, she operated her own practice in Manchester, Anna Sarno Ryan, MD, PC, for 16 years. Areas of special interest included: skin cancer surgery, allergic contact dermatitis, and pediatric dermatology. She also enjoyed giving dermatology lectures to fellow physicians and physician assistants.
Dr. Ryan has been published in medical journals including: Archives of Dermatology, Itch: Mechanisms and Management of Pruritus, Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, and Clinics in Dermatology.
- The American Board of Dermatology, 1996
- Catholic Medical Center, NH
- Elliot Hospital, NH
- Lowell General Hospital, MA
- Emerson Hospital, MA
- Teaching assistant, physical diagnosis I course, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 1992
- Tutor, pathology, pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 1989-1990
- CHILDLIFE Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School Pediatrics Department, 1987-1989 research assistant, Department of Dept. of Cardiology and Preventive Medicine, research on how medical school affects its medical students
- Health science teacher, Clark Street School, Worcester, MA, 1988
- Chemistry/physics teacher, Pope John XXIII High School, Everett, MA, 1986-1987
- Staff assistant, Harvard GSAS-Admissions and Financial Aid Office, Cambridge, MA
Professional Societies & Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology
- New Hampshire Society of Dermatology
- New Hampshire Medical Society
- New England Dermatological Society